Exhausting oil fume and supplementing fresh air are indispensable functional facilities in the kitchen. The kitchen should be located in a location that is convenient for oil fume removal and ventilation. The influence of the main local monsoon wind direction on the design of the hotel’s kitchen should also be considered, and the pollution to the environment should be minimized, especially for the kitchen located in the basement, and convenient ventilation and smoke outlets should be considered.
Hotel kitchen channel design: channel is a necessary facility to connect each work room with the restaurant, the flow of people and logistics. Reducing the number of channels, shortening the length of the channel, cutting the bend and straightening, and using the channel together can improve the space utilization and work efficiency. It is the focus of the process hotel design. Careful consideration should be given to the hotel kitchen design. The following principles and methods should be considered during channel design:
(1) Smooth passage: the passage is cut and straightened, the passage length is shortened, the contradiction in circulation is reduced, and the passage of vegetables and the collection of disabled persons are used as much as possible, which is smooth and convenient. If the passage has a bend, widen the bend appropriately, and use glass windows for the partition at the corner to make the blind area at the corner visible. Avoid collisions
(2) The working room is connected to the channel smoothly: the size and direction of the operating distance between the working room should be reasonably determined, and the direction of opening the door in the working room should be connected to the channel smoothly. Generally, the door should be opened inward, or a sliding door should be set to reduce the obstacle of opening the door to the passage. For workshops with entrances and exits, the feed door and the exit door should also be in the same direction as the work flow.
(3) Improve the efficiency of channel utilization: Set the channel in the middle of the working area, and there can be workshops on both sides of the channel. The utilization efficiency of this kind of channel is higher than that of the channel against the wall, because the channel against the wall can only be equipped with a door on one side. In a larger kitchen, under the premise of ensuring that meals and remnants go in their own way, set up as few passages as possible to improve the efficiency of kitchen work and area utilization.
(4) Design according to actual needs: set the channel and width according to the hotel grade and the amount of meals, not only to meet the installation of equipment in place, but also to meet the needs of peak dining. In the kitchen where the area conditions do not allow, it is necessary to use the method of designing passages to make up for it, and strive to connect the passages with various working areas simply and smoothly.
(5) Reserve the equipment installation channel: The channel opening in the kitchen design should be reserved with a reasonable width, and the equipment should be transported and installed.
(6) Use the operating distance as a channel: use the operating distance as a channel, or combine the operating distance and channels to reduce the area occupied by the channel. When the width of the kitchen hot dish room is insufficient, the distance between the dish transfer channel and the cutting board table can be used together, so that the dish transfer channel and the knife work can make reasonable use of the space. The above precautions will help operators and hotel kitchen designers to consider the choice of location. We must weigh the pros and cons, comprehensively evaluate, and not lose sight of the other.